Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Baby Noid is 31 weeks

The last week or so has been busy, but amazing.  We went to Nebraska for my soon-to-be sister-in-laws bridal shower and my Brother Josh’s 30th birthday party.  So while we were there we decided that it was a great weekend to do my baby shower. 
Friday night was the night.  We went to the Corner Popper, also known as Vic’s Popcorn.  They used to just sell popcorn but now they have some amazing sandwiches and soups as well as the popcorn.  My sister-in-law Lindy and my best friend Brittany threw me a “She’s going to POP” shower. 
There was obviously popcorn, and cake pops, and lolli-pops and pop rocks and pop to drink.  It was so lovely and perfect.  I don’t know how I can thank them enough.  Or thank all the people who came.  I really do have some amazing family and friends.
The next day was Kristen’s bridal shower and Josh’s birthday.  What a wonderful day with family.  It was so good to be able to see so many people for all day.
Here is a picture wrap up of the weekend.


Brittany and I -- she is so amazing!






Melissa, best cousin in the world, love her

This is my amazing mother!  Can't wait for her to come say with me for a least  a week after baby is born

Brother Josh, Melissa, her boyfriend Cody, and my Hubby Travis (lets take shots because Sarah can't)

Lindy Sister-in-Law and Kristen Soon-to-be Sister-in-Law

On to the good stuff…


How far along:   Baby Noid is 31 weeks….did you know that means we only have 9 weeks left! WTH…That is coming up so quick…I can’t believe it.
Baby size:  Weighs the same as a coconut
Weight gain: I am at 181, which is 18lbs.  And I feel like he is all in front…there isn’t any growth anywhere else…even my chest…its not growing …AT ALL.
Maternity clothes: ummm yes…every day in every way.
Stretch marks: None yet…and so happy for that…keep slathering on the lotion…
Sleep: I don’t think I am getting enough…except for today…I have been sick all day, my throat hurts, I had a fever when I woke up, I have been sleeping allllllll day long!
Gender: As far as we know he is still a boy…We have 5 names picked out that we agree upon, Zander, Parker, Brayden, Kodiak and Kayman.  The middle names will either be Lee, Douglas, or William.  One of these names will be the name of our amazing little boy in 9 short weeks.
Movement:  This week has been crazy…he has been moving all over the place.  And he has decided to take rest on the right side of my body.  He is just living it up on one side.  He also kicks so hard sometimes he really scares me and I jump.  Everyone thinks I’m crazy at that point.
Best moment this week: Being able to go home to Nebraska and see the family and getting so many things at our first baby shower. 
Looking forward to:  Getting and setting up the crib…hopefully this week….or next?  I also bought myself a diaper bag and will pack it so that I am ready for the hospital, just in case.
Food cravings: I have a very unhealthy relationship with Orange Juice right now.  I could drink it ALL day long!
Weirdest food I ate this week:  would have to say I ate a massive amount of cake pops (made by Brittany) this weekend, which isn’t weird, but truly it was A LOT.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope…Feeling amazing.  Being pregnant is the most miraculous thing in the world and I'm feeling very grateful to be on this journey. :)
Labor signs: Nope and as far as I know no Braxton Hicks contractions either.
What I miss: being able to come home from work and have a glass of wine or beer with dinner.  Sometimes you just need it.  Oh yeah…and being able to sleep through the night without having nightmares, and when I say nightmares I mean murders and scary things…really!!!
Workouts:  This week has not been good for workouts.  I am trying to get to the gym 2 to 3 times a week while I still have my gym membership.  I am going to cancel when baby comes, more money to go to baby things.
Things that suck: waiting…I am getting really antsy…I want to meet this little man…But we are not ready quite yet and it needs to get warmer…we have A LOT to do before baby comes.
Things that don't suck: Getting our stroller put together, and figuring out how to work a car seat.  Yes I  felt very stupid and like a first time parent when I was fiddling around with this thing…it will come…


This week will involve painting the hallway, cleaning out two closets and writing thank you notes….its going to be a great one…if I can start to feel better!  See you next week for 32…we are getting so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment